Who doesn’t love to sleep? You wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and alive with a spring in your step. Yet, so many of us don’t get enough sleep, in particular, beauty sleep.
the power of beauty sleep
Despite knowing that sleep is important for the well-being of our body, mind, heart and souls, we don’t often get enough of it. In addition, our sleep can be restless and intermittent.
We simply don’t know how to switch off from our busy minds and worrisome thoughts. And we are too tired to clean our beautiful faces removing makeup and pollutants.
A good night’s rest is one of the keys to feeling and looking youthful. Your skin will love you for it as it gets the time to heal and balance itself ready for the next day.
Life feels manageable and exciting again. A good night’s sleep creates clarity and life doesnt’ feel so heavy and out of control.
Yesterday is yesterday. Today is today.
However, there are certain things you can do to help the process. It’s not just about the quantity of sleep, it’s also about the quality.
Let’s get to the how
- Create a nightly beauty routine, no matter how tired you are. Have your products at hand so all you need to do is pick them up. Remember to cleanse, mist, and moisturise. Exfoliation can happen in your morning routine. Here is the link to check out my products.
- Add a treatment, such as a serum, as your night beauty buddy. This helps maintain your skin’s moisture as you sleep.
- Use beautiful aromatherapy oils in a diffuser you love. I love using Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Valerian, Rose and Sandalwood. They help you relax reducing stress and anxiety. And they also promote a sense of calmness.
- Wear a silk eye mask, if you are sensitive to light. And silk because it is soft on the skin. You don’t want any further distractions with materials that wrinkle and feel coarse.
- Wear earplugs to eliminate noise, such as the ticking of a clock, or the dripping of a tap, the hum of the fridge. It always surprises me how loud these sounds are at night.
- Learn some meditation practices. Here is a link to my Unfold Your Freedom coaching business with ideas for you to use. Try them out and see which resonates with you. That is important. Otherwise, you still won’t sleep well.
- Keep the temperature low in your bedroom, because at night your body temperature lowers. Doing this is good for not only your metabolism but also for your blood flow. It helps improve your blood flow which in turn helps oxygenate your skin, keeping it plump and even-toned for the day ahead. In addition, it helps reduce redness in your skin.
- Where possible, remove all electronics from your room. Stop looking at your social media an hour before you go to bed. This helps remove stimulation and negative thoughts and affects the quality of your sleep.
- If you exercise, become aware of when it suits your body. I know for me exercising at night, even gentle yoga, stimulates me too much.
- Don’t overeat, or over drink whether that be alcohol or caffeine. This all has a negative on your sleep patterns.
- Create a ritual for going to bed and waking up at the same time. Our bodies love routine. And it’s a signal that now it’s time to get some precious sleep. This way your body will learn to associate those particular actions and behaviours with your beauty sleep.
- And finally, use your bedroom only for sleeping. It’s your safe haven. Your go-to to relax and unwind. Make your bedroom special and a place you look forward to going to each night.
“Sleep is the best meditation.”
If you have any suggestions you would love to share, please comment so we all can see what else we could do.
Love you to share this with anyone you think would benefit from these ideas.